Several IRMA Alumni work in small voluntary agencies, co-operatives and in remote places and on economic returns that are not really lucrative. Several others might be working on their own or might not have the organisational backing in case of a major health related or catastrophic event happens in their life. The III Batch initiated this fund that could be used to help IRMANS in distress due to whatever reason.
The objective of the fund is to help IRMAns in distress.To start with, the fund will be limited:
No disbursement will be more than Rs.1,00,000 per person. In case the need for a particular person is more than Rs.1,00,000, the fund would be free to raise funds specifically for that person and pass it on. The structure created for the fund could be used as a pass through.
- To all the members of the IRMA Alumni Association Irrespective of where they are working and what their current status might be.(This excludes spouses and family members of the alumni)
- To provide support for IRMANS having major downturns in their lives where their capacity to continued earning for their livelihood is at stake
- To provide support for IRMANS who may have to suffer a long duration of loss of income due to extended period of costly health related treatment.
To seek support through the fund any IRMAn in Distress can write to the IAA President at email@example.com or the alumni coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contribute to the fund you can:
For International transfers the following details would be useful
- Send cheque / DD in favour of "Institute of Rural Management Anand" Payable at Anand. Contributions can be sent to
Institute of Rural Management
Anand 388001, India
Please ensure that there is a cover letter that states that the contribution is for the fund, your name, batch number and address, so that a receipt can be issued. (It might be good to put this on the back of the cheque also) This will help IRMA in tracking the amounts and maintaining it separately.
- Use the net transfer. The following details would be useful.
Name of bank - ICICI Bank Ltd, Mota Bazar, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, 388120
Name of Holder - Institute of Rural Management, Anand.
Account no - 008501012659
Name of Correspondence Bank: JP, MORGAN CHASE, NEW YORK
Account No.: 001-1-427374 USD
SWIFT Address/FED ABA (USD) or Sort Code (GBP) or BSB No. (AUD) or IBAN No. (EUR): "CHASUS33XXX/FED ABA 021000021"
Beneficiary Name: Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA), India
Beneficiary Account No.: 008501012659
Before any transfer
It is essential that as and when money is transferred, you inform accounts department at IRMA. The following information would be helpful
Write to the Alumni Coordinator or Shri Alok Singh, CFO.
- Name of the contributor
- Originating Bank
- Date of Transfer
The mail would be used by the Alumni office for appropriating the contributions to the Distress Fund. The above mentioned information is important else the money you transfer might go to general pool of IRMA rather than to the distress fund.