Book/Book Chapters/Journal Articles/Research Papers/Cases/Reviews
H.S. Shylendra and Uma Rani (2005) Diversification and Sustainable Rural Livelihood, New Delhi: Concept Publications.
H.S. Shylendra and Uma Rani (2000), Sustainable Rural Livelihood in the Context of Growing Occupational Diversification and Rural-Urban Linkages, Institute of Rural Management, Anand.
Mukul Kumar. 2016. Social Normativity, Housing and Urbanisation in an Indian City. Development in Practice. Vol 26 (6): 794-807.
Mukul Kumar. 2016. Contemporary Relevance of Jajmani Relations in Rural India . Journal of Rural Studies. 48(1-10).
Shyam Singh (2014). ‘Rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers: A Case Study in Bhopal' (with Yogesh Kumar), Social Change (Sage Pub), Vol. 44, No. 4, Dec. pp. 567-578.
Atulan Guha and Ashutosh Kr Tripathi, "Link between Food Price Inflation and Rural Wage Dynamics", Economic and Political Weekly, Vol - XLIX No. 26-27, June 28, 2014
Shyam Singh (2014). ‘MDGs and Post-2015 Development Agenda: Prospects for Indian Civil Society' (with Yogesh Kumar), Social Change (Sage Pub), Vol. 44, No. 2, June, pp. 249-261.
Mukul Kumar, Erstwhile Villages in Urban India (Forthcoming). Development in Practice
Shyam Singh (2014).‘JNNURM Case Study' in Amitabh Behar, Yogesh Kumar and John Samual, eds., Citizen's Report on Governance and Development 2013, Daanish Books, New Delhi.
Shyam Singh (2013) ‘Citizen Participation in Urban Governance: Quest for Transparency and Accountability', Environment and Urbanization ASIA (Sage Pub), Vol. 4, No. 1, pp: 191-202.
Mukul Kumar "Poverty and Culture of Daily Life", Psychology and Developing Societies 22(2) pp. 331-359, 2010
Jeemol Unni and Ravikiran Naik (2011), "Rural Structural Transformation: The Case of Services Sector in India,"Economic and Political Weekly, 46(26-27), pp.196-200.
Jeemol Unni and Ravikiran Naik (2012), "Rural Structural Transformation: The Case of the Service Sector in India" in Lancy Lobo and Jayesh Shah (eds) Globalization, Growth and Employment: Challenges and Opportunities, Jaipur, Rawat Publications, pp. 35-49.
Mukul Kumar (2012), "Poverty and Culture of Daily Life" in Kevin E. Grisham (ed) The Non Western World: Perspectives on the Developing World and Its Peoples, Cognella Academic Publishing (San Diego), pp. 33-49.
Mukul Kumar (2012), "Invoking Everydayness in Poverty Studies in India: A Note on Approach and Method", Economic and Political Weekly, 47 (38). Pp. 71-81.
Mukul Kumar (2013), "A View of Public Action and Collective Action," India Review, 12 (2).
Uma Rani and HS Shylendra (2002) ‘Occupational Diversification and Rural-Urban Migration: A Review of Evidence and Some issues for Research' Journal of Social and Economic Development, 49 (1).
Shyam Singh (2012) How Feasible and Effective would Mohalla Samitis be in Urban Madhya Pradesh, Mainstream (New Delhi), Vol. L, No 38.
Shyam Singh, ‘Status of the Implementation of Community Participation Law across Indian States', CIVIC, Bangalore, 2012.
De, Indranil and Tirthankar Nag. (2016). Dangers of Decentralisation in Urban Slums: A Comparative Study of Water Supply and Drainage Service Delivery in Kolkata, India. Development Policy Review. Wiley Publishing, Print ISSN: 0950-6764, Online ISSN: 1467-7679, Vol. 34, No. 2
De, Indranil and Tirthankar Nag. (2016). Local Self-governance, Ethnic Division in Slums and Preference for Water Supply Institutions in Kolkata, India. Water Policy. ISSN: 1366-7017, IWA Publishing, In Press
De, Indranil and Tirthankar Nag. (2016). Deprivation in Slums and Child Poverty: Study on Kolkata. International Journal of Social Economics, ISSN: 0306-8293, Emerald Group Publishing, In Press
1) Developing Cooperative Approaches Amongst Stakeholders for Supply of Essential Commodities to Urban Areas - by Prof. M.V.Durga Prasad
2) State of Erstwhile Villages in Urban India- by Prof. Mukul Kumar
Special Issue Network (Special Issue on Rural Urban Linkages- a compilation of policy notes)
1) The Rural Urban Divide in India - by Swati Pillai & Prof.Atulan Guha
2) Impact of Industrialization on Rural Community in Jharpara Village (Kutch District) - by Prof.Ila Patel
3) Is Urban Development in Gujarat Healthy? - by Abhishek Nair, Lakshmikant Tiwari & Prof.Pramod K.Singh
4) Rural Roads for last Mile Connectivity - An Overview - by Prof.Anand Venkatesh
5) Scenario of Essential Supply like Tomatoes from Rural to Urban Areas - by Prof. M.V.Durga Prasad and Vollance S. Christian
6) Applying Subjective Well-being lens to Understanding Poverty & Development in Rural India - by Prof.Preeti Priya and Prof. Saswata N Biswas
7) Imagining Rural Transformation and Urbanization - by Prof.Mukul Kumar
1) Matching Game in Tomato pricing at Madanapalle Tomato Mandi - Prof.M V Durga Prasad. IDRC- TTI Working Paper.
2) Supply Chain Management of Tomato Production at Madanapalle region: A Case Study - By Prof. M. V. Durga Prasad. IDRC-TTI Working Paper.
3) The Liminality of a Housing Colony in Kanpur Nagar- by Prof. Mukul Kumar. IDRC-TTI Working Paper.
4) The Service Sector Growth and Urban Consumption - By Prof. Atulan Guha. IRMA Working Paper.
5) Linkage Between Food Price Inflation and Rural Wage Dynamics- Atulan Guha and Ashutosh Kr. Tripathi. IRMA Working Paper.
6) 'Political Economy of Water Supply and Drainage Service Delivery in Slums of Kolkata: Implications for Municipal Management' by Prof. Indranil De and Prof. Tirthankar Nag, IRMA Working Paper 252
Documentary Films (by IRMA)
• Paradheen Gaon ka Swatantra Desh India - A Bipolar Nation
• Short film on Peri-Urban areas (English)
• Short film on Peri-Urban areas (Hindi)
• Short film on Tomato Supply Chain