The following ongoing research is underway at VKCOE.
- Study of Animal Husbandry Sector for Uttarakhand Livestock Development Board project led by Dr. S. Rajeshwaran, Prof Rakesh Saxena and ProfC Shambu Prasad
- Leadership in Cooperatives: Behavioural Competencies Modelled by Prof.Madhavi Mehta
- The impact of the external and internal factors on dairy cooperatives in the country: Current scenario and future prospects led by Prof. C Shambu Prasad with Sandip Das
- Managerial Challenges of producer collectives by Prof. C Shambu Prasad (this includes ongoing case studies on Satpura Self Reliant Farmer Producer Company Ltd, Banas Dairy, GUJPRO etc.)
- Building contemporary research and study material on new generation producer organisations. Challenges faced by the Hasnabad Farmers Service Producer Company Limited (HFSPC). This study was completed by Dr.Ajit Kanitkar and has been used as part of the Managing Collectives course. Part B of case has also been worked out.
- "Vasudhara Adivasi Dairy: Leading the Second White Revolution"
- "Dharani Farmers' Cooperative Model".
- A study on "Rural and Agricultural Mechanistion in Odisha" supported by CIMMYT.
- Three IRMA faculties shared their research work at the 11th ICA (International Cooperative Alliance) Asia Pacific Regional Cooperative Research held at New Delhi on 15th November 2016.
- VKCoE facilitated the field work of Ms Jieun Jang, a Masters student from the Paris School of International Affairs for her thesis on "The Power of Accountable Governance in Cooperatives: Lessons from Producer-owned dairy cooperatives in India".