: M. V. Durga Prasad
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Designation : Professor
Primary Areagroup(s) : Production Operations Management & QT
Address : A-11, Irma Campus, P. B. No. 60 Anand Gujarat
Current Areas of Interest : Supply chain Management, Game Theory, Mathematical Programming, Agribusiness
- Profile Summary
- Dr. M V Durga Prasad holds Ph.D. in Operations Research area (Game theory/Mathematical Programming) from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi after completing his Masters degree in Mathematics with specialization in Computer Science and Operations Research. He has 24 years of professional experience in teaching, research, executive training and consulting. He has to his credit several research papers, publications in peer reviewed international and national journals, and international conferences in the area of operations research. He has done consulting work for many organizations His areas of interests include Logistics and supply chain management, operations research which includes game theory, and mathematical programming
- Area/Centre of Affiliation
- Production and Operations Management & QT/ Centre for Rural-Urban Dynamics, and Centre for Social Entrepreneurship & Enterprises
Academics / Awards
Ph.D. in Operations Research (1991) from Indian Institute Technology, Delhi
- M.Sc(Mathematics) (1985) with specialization in computer science and operations research from Indian Institute Technology, Kharagpur
B.Sc(Hons) Maths Major (1983), Bhavan?s New Science College, Osmania University
- Life member in Indian society for technical education
- Administrative Responsibilities (Academic and Non-Academic)
Trustee of IRMA Employees' PF Trust, May 2007 onwards.
Convenor of Anti-ragging squad from 2014 onwards
Member of Anti-ragging committee from 2014 onwards
Member of Post-Graduate Programme in Rural Management (PRM)Committee for two years (2012-14), IRMA Anand
Member of Committee on Certificate Programme in Dairy Development (CPDM).
Admissions Coordinator (2012-14)
Member of IRMA Board of Governors and Society (2013-15)
Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Rural Management (2006-12)
Member of the Board of Post Graduate Studies and Research (1988-89).
- a) PG/UG Level Courses
Has guided over 65 Internship Projects of students under Management / Organizational Traineeship segment of the Post-Graduate Programme in Rural Management of IRMA, Anand since 2006.
Has guided over 18 Internship Projects of students of the Post Graduate Programme in Computer applications(MCA), at NITK, Surathkal during 1990-97
- Has guided over 21 Internship Projects of students of the Post-Graduate Programme in Technology(M.Tech), at NITK, Surathkal during 1990-97
Taught courses on Operations Management, Operations Research and Supply Chain Management
- b) Doctoral Level Courses
- Has been nominated as examiner for evaluation of Ph.D thesis of three candidates by various universities and institutions and conducted viva-voce exam for one candidate.
Taught optional/independent courses on quantitative analysis under the Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) at IRMA.
- Sponsored Research
Developing Cooperative Approaches Amongst
Stakeholders for Supply of Essential Commodity to Urban
Areas with Madanapalle as a base.(2011-12) under IDRC-
a short film can be seen through the following link
A comparative study based on various potential markets
and developing cooperative approaches to meet the urban
demand. (2012-13) under IDRC-TTI grant
Research work in progress under the NFBSFARA grant of
ICAR for the project ?Behavioral Analysis of Farmers
Decision Making on Agricultural Innovations?
- Study on ?Baseline Survey and Need Assessment Study for a Dairy Project in Assam "(A Project under CSR initiative of Oil India Ltd. Duliajan) (Member)
- Study on "Development and improvement in HR,Marketing and procurement in Rajasthan cooperative dairy union Ltd? (Coordinator)
- Study on " Feasibility of an Independent dairy union in Narmada district Gujarat? for Government of Gujarat (Member)
- Study on "Identification of block level rural stock points" for SAIL in 8 sampled districts (Coordinator)
Improving the service of PublicTransport system
in Asmara city (N.E.Africa) using cooperative
- Mond, S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad, 1987. Constrained
ratio games and generalized fractional programming, Zeitschrift fur operations research,
- B.Mond, S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad, 1987. Constrained games and Symmetric
duality, OPSEARCH, Vol.3,PP.1-10.
- Mond, S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad,1987. Symmetric dual nondifferentiable fractional
Programming, Indian Journal of Management and systems,vol.3,pp.1-10.
- Mond, I Hussain and M.V.Durga Prasad,1988. Duality
for a class of nondifferentaible multi objective programming problems, Journal
of Information and optimization sciences,vol.pp.331-341.
- C.R.Bector,S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad, 1988.Nonlinear
fractional programming duality for
Hanson-Mond class functions with non differentiable terms, Congressus Numerantium,Canada,Vol.62
- C.R.Bector,S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad, 1988.Duality
in Pseudo-linear Multi objective programming,
Asia-Pacific journal of OperationsResearch, Vol.5, pp.331-341.
- B.Mond,I.Hussain and M.V.Durga Prasad, 1991. Duality for a class of non differentiable
multi objective programs, Utilitas Mathematica,Canada,Vol.39, pp.3-19.
- S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad,1992. Constrained
vector valued games and multi objective
Programming, OPSEARCH, vol.29, no.1,pp.1-10.
- S.Chandra and M.V.Durga Prasad,1993. Symmetric
duality in Multi objective
programming, Journal of Australian
Prasad and P.C.Sreenivas,1997. Constrained vector valued non-
zero sum games and nonlinear programming, OPSEARCH, vol.34,
no.3, pp.180 - 185.
- N.Venugopal, M.M.Bai, M.V.Durga Prasad and T.V.Ram Mohan, 1998, "PERT
& CPM Approach to CE-Optimal Plans, Journal of International Academy of
Physical Sciences, Vol. 2, pp. 111-117.
- N.Venugopal,M.M.Bai and M.V.Durga Prasad,1999.
CB-Optimal SWL models, Paradigm, vol.II Jan.1999, vol.2, issue 2, pp127-136.
- M.V.Durga Prasad and R.M.Saloman Danaraj, 2006, "The F- Nucleolus of the co-operative
TU games:An approach for fair allocation", Proceedings of the 37th
annual ORSI conference with theme Vision 2020:The strategic role of Operations
- M.V.Durga Prasad and R.M.Saloman Danaraj, 2008, "An efficient algorithm for solving
nucleolus of co-operative transferable utility games", Proceedings of the biennial
national conference on Mathematical and computational methods, Narosa
Publishing house, pp.39-48.
- M.V.Durga Prasad and
P.K.Singh, 2009, "Applying AHP and
GIS techniques for locating milk-chilling facilities in a backward tribal
district of Gujarat" Working paper no 209 at IRMA, Anand.
M.V.Durga Prasad, 2016 "An Efficient
Algorithm for Solving Nucleolus of Cooperative TU Games Using MATLAB"
International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Volume 5, Issue
- M.V.Durga Prasad, 2016 "Automation of modified marketing
procedural system to maximize transparency : A case study of vegetables in
Madanapalle market" Journal of
Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Vol.6, issue 1, pp.72-88.
- Public Transport and Co-operative Games: A case study of Asmara city, ICFAI journal of Science and Technology, II,70-79
- Paper entitled " Supply Chain study 8
Agricultural crops in India’s one of the most backwards tribal region "
presented in 3rd International conference on agricultural sciences
2016(Aginsight 2016) held at Belihuloya organized by Faculty of agricultural
sciences, Sabaragamuwa University during December 8-9,2016.
- Paper entitled " A study of agri-tourism
practices and its potential in India " presented in 3rd International
conference on agricultural sciences 2016 (Aginsight 2016) held at Belihuloya
organized by Faculty of agricultural sciences, Sabaragamuwa University during
December 8-9, 2016.
- Paper entitled " A Case Study on Organised
Operations of Women Entrepreneurs for Innovative Agro Products " presented in
International conference on
Agribusiness in Emerging Economies held at IRMA, Anand during Jan 6-7, 2016.
- Paper entitled " Application of n-person zero sum
game in vegetable mandi transactions " presented in International conference on Agribusiness in Emerging
Economies held at IRMA, Anand during Jan 6-7,2016.
- Paper entitled " Role of Institutional Mooring
and Tangibility of Friendly Relationships in Agribusiness Start up: Case Study
of Pancharatna Organics " presented in International conference on Agribusiness in Emerging
Economies held at IRMA, Anand during Jan 6-7,2016.
- Application of game theory in large vegetable farmers markets, presented in International conference on ?Interdisciplinary Mathematical, Statistical and Computational Techniques IMSCT 2014-FIM XXIII? held at NITK Surathkal, Karnataka
- Chaired a session on ?Governance issues in agriculture education, extension and research? in international conference on ?Governance in agriculture and allied sectors-issues and way forward? held at Hyderabad
- Agricultural market governance on vegetable supply chain actors, presented in international conference on ?Governance in agriculture and allied sectors-issues and way forward? at Hyderabad
- Automation of Modified Marketing Procedural System: A Case Study Madanapalle tomato market, presented in International IIE (Institute of Industrial Engineers) conference held at Istanbul, Turkey during June 26-28, 2013.
- Matching game in Tomato pricing at Madanapalle tomato mandi, presented in the national conference on Mathematical and computational sciences held at Adi kavi Nannayya University, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh during July 6-7, 2012
- Supply chain management of Tomato Production at Madanapalle Region, presented in the International Conference on Agribusiness Marketing held at Jember, East Java, Indonesia during June 25-26, 2012.
- Role of conjugate coalition and union of coalitions in computing the Nucleolus of a cooperative TU games, presented in the international conference on Operations Research held at Zurich, Switzerland during August 30,2011 to September 02, 2011.
Developing Management skills through Game of Bridge, presented in the international conference( Annual NAOP) on Human development and poverty: Alternative conceptualization and measurement held at IRMA , Anand during December 12-14, 2011.
- A logistical study of supply chain?s upstream milk flow at Kaira district cooperative milk union, presented in the International conference on Emerging Operations Paradigm held at Karunya University, Coimbatore Aug 10-11,2009
Quadratic programming approach to the F-Nucleolus of co-operative TU games, Paper presented in the 39th annual ORSI conference held at Kolkata
Cases/ Books / Articles / Book Chapters
- Operations Research, Cengage learning India, ISBN13:978-81-315-1625-6
- Applying AHP and GIS techniques for locating milk-chilling facilities in a backward tribal district of Gujarat? Working paper no 209 at IRMA, Anand(Co-authored with Pramod Kumar Singh)
An efficient algorithm for solving nucleolus of co-operative
transferable utility games?, Proceedings of the biennial
national conference on Mathematical and computational
methods, Narosa Publishing house, pp.39-48. (co-
authored with R.M.Saloman Danaraj)
The F- Nucleolus of the co-operative TU games:An
approach for fair allocation?, Proceedings of the 37th
annual ORSI conference with theme Vision 2020:The
strategic role of Operations Research, pp.528-535
- Supply Chain Management in Horticulture for Horticulture Department, Haryana, (June 18 - 20, 2018)
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management in Agribusiness, (January 30 - 31, 2017)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (July 18 - 20, 2016)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (July 22 - 24, 2015)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (September 25 - 27, 2013)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (July 18 - 20, 2012)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (October 17 - 21, 2011)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (July 5 - 9, 2010)
- Quality Management and Statistical Quality Control, (November 9 - 12, 2009)
- MDP for the Executives of Fullerton India - Term 3 (On campus), (July 11 - 16, 2016)
- PERT/CPM Techniques, (June 18 - 19, 2015)
- General Management Programme (GMP), (January 19 - February 7, 2015)
- PERT/CPM Techniques, (July 24 - 25, 2014)
- General Management Programme, (January 6 - 25, 2014)
- Areas of Cost Reduction in Dairy Co-operative Plants, (December 10 - 12, 2013)
- PERT/CPM Techniques, (July 18 - 19, 2013)
- Value Chain Management Approach for Agribusiness, (June 24 - 28, 2013)
- General Management Programme, (February 25 - March 16, 2013)
- Enhancing Interpersonal and Managerial Skills for the Officers of Government of Rajasthan, (March 19 - 23, 2012)
- Team Building, (February 27 - March 1, 2012)
- Project Management for Development Organizations, (July 18 - 21, 2011)
- General Management Programme for NDDB Officers, (June 13 - July 2, 2011)
- Project Management for Development Organisations, (March 14 - 17, 2011)
- PERT/CPM Techniques, (March 3 - 4, 2011)
- PERT/CPM Techniques, (June 29 - 30, 2010)
- Advanced Skills in Quantitative Research - SPSS Level 3, (May 28 - 30, 2010)
- Management Appreciation Programme for Faculty Members of Shri Krishna Hospital, Karamsad (Module-2), (April 6 - 8, 2009)