: S R Asokan
E-Mail : email@example.com
Designation : Associate Professor
Primary Areagroup(s) : General Management - Strategy & Policy
Secondary Areagroup(s) : Marketing
Address : B-6, IRMA Campus, P. B. No. 60 Anand Gujarat
Academics / Awards
- Ph.D. in Economics Gujarat University
- M.A. in Economics Madras University
- Indian Society of Agricultural Economics
- Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing.
- Indian Society of Agribusiness
- Rural Marketing
- Emerging institutional issues in agribusiness management
- Agribusiness Management, Rural Finance
- Scope for Warehouse Receipt financing of commodity markets in India (with Anita Arya)
Productivity Vol 52, No 2 and 3 July ? December 2011
A Perspective of Contract Farming with Special Reference to India, Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, (Vol. 19, No 2) May-August 2005
Food Processing and Contract Farming in AP, Economic and Political Weekly (Vol XL No 37) September 10-16 2005.
Role and Constraints of Contract Farming in Agro-Processing Industry, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics (Vol.58 No.3) July-September 2003.
Competitiveness of Indian Oilseeds under WTO, Artha Vijnana (Vol XLII No.3) Sept 2000.
Marketing of Seeds in India: Status and Issues, Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, (Vol. 6, No.2) July-Dec1992
B.T.R. Ltd. Rampur (Diagnostic Case), Vikalpa. (Vol 13, No. 3) July-Sept 1988
Indebtedness of Farmers: Can Contract Farming be a Solution? 65th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Agricultural Economics held at PAU Ludhiana, Nov 2005.
Institutional Innovation in Irrigation Management in Mehsena Dist, Gujarat at the 64th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Agricultural Economics held at TNAU, Coimbatore 15-17 December 2004.
Information Technology based Agricultural Marketing: The Case of ITC’s e-Choupal at the 18th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing, Shimla, Nov 29-Dec 1, 2004.
Intellectual Property Rights, Farmers Movement and Seed Industry in India, Agrarian Questions : The Politics of Farming Anno 1995, Wageningen Agricultural University Wageningen May.1995.
Cases/ Books / Articles / Book Chapters
Contract Farming in India: Text and Cases, Oxford and IBH New Delhi 2005 (with Gurdev Singh)
Competitiveness and Bound Tariff Requirements of Indian Agricultural Commodities, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi 2004 (with Gopal Naik, Gurdev Singh, Tamanna Chaturvedi and Sudhir Kumar Jain).
A Study into the Economics of Seed Production at Farm Level in Gujarat, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi 2000 (with Gurdev Singh and S.N.Chokshi)
Management of Seed Production Activity, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1997 (with Gurdev Singh)
Seed Replacement Rates: Performance and Problems, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1994 (with Gurdev Singh)
Seed Industry in India: A Management Perspective, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1990 (with Gurdev Singh and V.N. Asopa)
Institutional Finance in Rural India: Efficiency and Efficacy, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi, 1988 (with Gurdev Singh)
Resin Systems in India: Economic and Management Aspects, Popular Prakashan, Bombay 1986 (with Gurdev Singh)
and Pankaj Mohanty “SELCO: Mission or
Market?” published by et cases and available at http://www.etcases.com/selco-mission-market-strategy-case-study.html
- Harekrishna Misra and S.R.Asokan “Amul's IT-Enabled Service Delivery to Dairy
Farmers” published by ISB_Ivey 2016 https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=78838
And also available at https://hbr.org/product/amul-s-it-enabled-service-delivery-to-dairy-farmers/W16367-PDF-ENG
- Saswata Biswas, S.R.Asokan and Suresh BP "Laxmi Protein Products" published by ISB and IVEY https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=55314 Also avaibale at Harvard publishing http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/web/product_detail.seam?E=4746332&R=W12060-PDF-ENG&conversationId=174776
Suresh B.P and S.R.Asokan "Health Insurance to the Base of the Pyramid" ISB -- Ivey Publishing https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=51375 and also available through Harvard Publishing http://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cb/web/product_detail.seam?E=3571224&R=W11251-PDF-ENG&conversationId=391389
Singh Gurdev, S.R.Asokan Chokshi S.N.," Western Indian Seed Company" Year Published 2000 Reference No CMA)789EX can be accessed at IIMA website http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/iima-cases/cases-list.html&more=CMA0789EX
Singh Gurdev and S.R.Asokan, "Seed Production by Cooperatives" Year published 1996 Reference No CMA 0747 can be accessed at IIMA website http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/iima-cases/cases-list.html&more=CMA0747
- Singh Gurdev and S.R.Asokan, "Seed Production Planning" Year published 1996 Reference No CMA0749TEC can be accessed at IIMA website http://iimahd.ernet.in/iima-cases/cases-list.html&more=CMA0749TEC
- IRMA Module of the 2nd ICA-Japan Training Course on 'Fostering Core Leaders of Agricultural Co-operatives 2011', (February 20 - March 16, 2012)
- IRMA Module of the 1st ICA-Japan Training Course on 'Fostering Core Leaders of Agricultural Co-operatives-2011(I)', (September 26 - October 21, 2011)
- Commodity Futures Markets, (November 11 - 12, 2010)
- IRMA Module of the 3rd ICA-Japan Training Course on Enhancement of Farmers' Income and Poverty Reduction through Co-operatives, (January 23 - February 21, 2009)
- 1st ICA-Japan Training Course on Enhancement of Farmers' Income and Poverty Reduction through Cooperatives, (January 27 - February 23, 2007)
- Making Markets Work for the Poor (Market-Led Livelihood Interventions), (February 22 - 24, 2017)
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management in Agribusiness, (January 30 - 31, 2017)
- A Primer on Management of Cooperative Based Organic Farming Enterprises for Farmers, (September 18 - 20, 2013)
- Practical Answers to Poverty - Marketing of Rural Products, (September 10 - 12, 2013)
- Value Chain Management Approach for Agribusiness, (June 24 - 28, 2013)
- IRMA Module of the 5th ICA-Japan Training Course on Enhancement of Farmers? Income and Poverty Reduction through Co-operatives, (January 23 - February 23, 2011)
- IRMA Module of the 4th ICA-Japan Training Course on Enhancement of Farmers? Income and Poverty Reduction through Co-operatives, (January 22 - February 21, 2010)
- Training on Productive Safety Net, (October 13 - 20, 2008)