: Ram Manohar Vikas
E-Mail : email@example.com
Designation : Assistant Professor
Primary Areagroup(s) : Marketing
Address : IRMA Campus Staff Quarter B-5 Anand Gujarat
Current Areas of Interest : Consumer Culture, Subaltern Consumer Behavior, Critical Marketing
Academics / Awards
- B Tech (Civil Engineering)
- REC Calicut (now it is NIT Calicut)
- IIT Kanpur
- PhD , IIT Kanpur
- Thesis Title " Consumption of Space: Liminality, Resistance and Identity in an Indian Village"
- Between 1993 to 2002 I worked with Larsen & Toubro Ltd at construction sites, cement plants to library for the parliamentarians, in various capacities.
- 2008 - 20012
- I worked with Mott MacDonald in the advisory division on many projects located in India and abroad.
- I worked as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the marketing area. I taught Marketing Management, Promotional Strategy, and Consumer Behavior to the PGP students and Qualitative Research Methods and Consumer Culture Theory to the FPM students.
- My teaching interests are B-2-B Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Promotional Strategy and Public Policy and Marketing
"Designing and Strategizing Implementation of Sustainable Livelihood Interventions in Dhemaji and Lakhimpur Districts of Assam", client NHPC
"Status of Matured SHGs in Jharkhand, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu", client NABARD
- "Evaluation Study of NABARD Holistic Watershed Development Programme (NHWDP), Maharastra", client NABARD
- "Evaluation Study of Indo-German Watershed Development Programme (IGWDP), Maharastra", client NABARD
- Vikas (2016), "Marketization of Social Control: Study of Traditional Block Printers of Gujarat", ISMD 2016, Lima
- Vikas, Ram M (2015) "I will Give Gold, Silver and Gold Coins", says Bride's Mother: Ethnomusicology of Consumer Culture in Ritual Songs in India, Asia Pacific Advances in Consumer Research, 11, 85-89 link https://www.acrwebsite.org/assets/PDFs/60340%20ACR%20Asia-Pacific%20Vol%2010_hires.pdf
- Varman, Rohit, R M Vikas and Russell Belk (2007), "The Water War", European Advances in Consumer Research
Varman, Rohit and Ram Manohar Vikas (2005), "Media, Rising Consumer Culture and the Working Class", Critical Management Studies, Cambridge, UK.
Cases/ Books / Articles / Book Chapters
- Work -in- Progress
- Vikas, Ram Manohar (forthcoming) "Shelters for the Homeless: Ethnography of Invisibility and Self-exclusion" in Managing Alternative Organizations in India, edited by Rohit Varman and Devi Vijay, Delhi: Cambridge University Press.
- MDP for the Executives of Fullerton India- Term 1 (On campus), (November 30 - December 5, 2015)
- Practical Answers to Poverty - Marketing of Rural Products, (September 1 - 4, 2015)
- Practical Answers to Poverty - Marketing of Rural Products, (October 14 - 17, 2014)