: C. Shambu Prasad
E-Mail : email@example.com
Designation : Professor
Primary Areagroup(s) : General Management - Strategy & Policy
Secondary Areagroup(s) : Social Sciences
Address : A-7, IRMA Campus Anand Gujarat
Current Areas of Interest : Public policy, innovation management, social entrepreneurship, rural livelihoods, ecosystem management, science studies, agroecology, sustainable agriculture, producer collectives, dairy management, collective action, strategic and learning alliances, institutional learning and change.
Academics / Awards
- a case study
- Oikos Case writing competition 2017. First prize in Social entrepreneurship category (with Joseph Satish) https://oikos-international.org/news/case_wc_2017
- Academic contribution to social entrepreneurship
award for ?Academic Contribution to the Field of Social Entrepreneurship? (Sankalp
Forum, Mumbai April 2013)
- Best Professor in Rural Management
- Best Professor in Rural Management, 22nd
Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Nov 14, 2014, Mumbai
- Member, Sub-group of Planning Commission
of Sub-group on ?Upscaling Innovative Technologies? for the Working Group of
Agricultural Research and Education in preparation of the 12th Plan.
Planning Commission, Govt. of India. 2011.
- Research fellowship
(Indo-Dutch Programme for Alternatives in Development) research fellowship at
the United Nations University Maastricht, The Netherlands, on ?Innovation at
the margins? (May 2004)
- Rural and Agricultural Mechanization in Odisha: Policy implications of the spread of small engines a
- For the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT) (May 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Seeding Social Innovation and Enterprise in Universities
- Competitive grant on social entrepreneurship from British Council with CSEE, IRMA and The Hive, Nottingham Trent University, UK. Dec 2015 - Nov 2016
- "Creating a Social Entrepreneurial Ecosystem through an Incubator" supported by Dept of Science and Technology under Innovation-Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development (i-STED) project to CSEE IRMA.
Shambu Prasad, C. . 2016. Innovating at the margins: the System of Rice Intensification in India and transformative social innovation. Ecology and Society 21(4):7.
- Shambu Prasad C. and Pratyaya Jagannath. 2016. Can the Big Learn from the Small? Seminar. Isssue 682. Spl issue on Changing Countryside. http://ww.india-seminar.com/2016/682/682_shambu_&_pratyaya.htm
- Shambu Prasad. C. 2016. Indigenous knowledge as emergent science: Insights from SRI in India. JIndal Journal of Public Policy. Vol 3(1): 51-71.
- Patnaik, Srilata., & Shambu Prasad, C..
(2014). Revisiting Sustainable Livelihoods: Insights from Implementation
Studies in India. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, 18(4),
Prasad, C. 2014. Revisiting science?s social contract. Seminar. 654, February. Special issue on
?State of Science?.
- Srilata Patnaik and Shambu Prasad, C.
2013.Innovation in development organisations: An Indian perspective. Development
and Learning in Organisations. 27 (5): 15-17.
- Shambu Prasad, C. and B C Barah. 2013. Upscaling SRI: Unpacking innovation, investments and
institutions. LEISA India. 15(1): 16-19.
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2013. Political economy of uncaring: Understanding farmer suicides. Economic
and Political Weekly.
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2011. Public involvement in
science and technology: The case for a new social contract. International
Journal of Social and Economic Research. Vol. 1(2): 295-308.
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2009. Conversations on
knowledge and democracy: Fables from SRI. Seminar 597, May. Special
issue on ?Knowledge in Question?
Prasad, C. 2009. Coping with complexity. Seminar 595, March. Special
issue on ?Agrarian Transformations?.
Prasad, C. 2008. Knowledge, democracy and science policy: The missing dialogue
in globalised India, 2008. The Icfai University
Journal of Governance and Public Policy. 3(2 & 3): 87-102.
- Jamie Watts, Doug Horton, B Douthwaite, G Thiele,
R Rovere, Shambu Prasad, C and C Staver. 2008. Transforming impact assessment:
Beginning the quiet revolution of institutional learning and change. Experimental
Agriculture. 44: 21?35.
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2008. Learning alliances for
poverty reduction. 2008. Capacity. 33: 8-9. Special issue on
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2007. Rethinking innovation
and development: Insights from the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in
India. The Innovation Journal. 12 (2).
Pinheiro and C Shambu Prasad. 2006. Changing the world through social
entrepreneurship. Vilakshan, 3 (2): 251-265.
- Shambu Prasad, C., A.J. Hall and S.P. Wani. 2006. Institutional history of
watershed research: The evolution of ICRISAT?s work on natural resources in
India. Journal of SAT Agricultural Research. 2(1): 1-34.
- Shambu Prasad, C., Laxmi T and S.P. Wani. 2006. Institutional learning and
change: A case study of the TATA ICRISAT watershed project. Journal of SAT
Agricultural Research, vol. 2(1):1-38.
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2005. Science and technology
in civil society: The innovation trajectory of spirulina algal technology. Economic and Political Weekly. 40: 4363-4372.
Prasad, C. 2001. Towards an understanding of Gandhi?s views on science. Economic
and Political Weekly. 36(39): 3721-3732.
Prasad, C. 1999. Suicide deaths and quality of Indian cotton: Perspectives from
history of technology and khadi movement. Economic and political weekly.
Cases/ Books / Articles / Book Chapters
Exploring Diversity, Networks and Knowledge Regimes: Transitions and System Building in SRI in India. Shambu Prasad C. and Debashish Sen. 2017. in
"AgroEcological Transitions : changes and breakthroughs in the making"., Editors: Elzen B, Augustyn A-M, Barbier M, van Mierlo B, eds. Wageningen: Wageningen University and Research, pp.126-142
Shambu Prasad, C. 2015. A Green Economy of Permanence: Innovation Insights from Grassroots Knowledge. International Journal On Green Growth And Development, 53-56.
- “Creating Knowledge Spaces through Knowledge Dialogues”
- Shambu Prasad, C. 2015. “Creating Knowledge Spaces through Knowledge Dialogues”. In Suresh, K et al. (eds). Knowledge for Change: Essays in memory of Dr N.K. Sanghi. Hyderabad: WASSAN and Permanent Green. Pp 44-57.
- Building and Managing Social Enterprises, (September 14 - 16, 2017)
- Livelihood Enhancement Strategies in Forest Fringe Villages for IFS Officers, (July 10 - 14, 2017)
- Building and Managing Social Enterprises, (March 4 - 6, 2017)
- Design Thinking for Social Innovation, (November 2 - 4, 2015)
- General Management Programme for NBCFDC, (September 25 - 27, 2017)
- Logistics Approach to Supply Chain Management, (July 18 - 20, 2016)
- International Management Appreciation Programme for Voluntary Agencies (VOLAG-MAP), (October 5 - 23, 2015)
- FDP on Action Research for Livelihood Promotion for ILRT, (August 4 - 6, 2015)