“A Talk” with Manoj Sasidhar, Police Commissioner, Vadodara

IRMA's Thursday Afternoon Seminar Series (TASS) took a new shape with the introduction of a new discussion platform "A Talk", which was inaugurated on January 11, 2018. The intention of this forum is to conduct interactive sessions with speakers from different spheres of applied business, industry, and the government. Organized by student representatives, the first invitee was Mr. Manoj Shashidhar, Hon. Police Commissioner, Vadodara.

Mr. Shashidhar spoke on "Opportunities of Innovation and Learning in an Organization", metaphorically alluding to the type of leadership one should aim for in an organization.

He said: "The incentive for being a real strong leader outweighs the facade of namesake leadership. The transition from an uncut raw recruit to a seasoned one is through the process of learning. But if one is not careful about updating oneself, there is a risk of irrelevance attached to your position".

Mr. Shashidhar also touched upon the 6Ds of growth in digital learning- the Six Ds of Exponentials: digitization, deception, disruption, demonetization, dematerialization, and democratization.

During his talk he sounded a warning for the future saying that production would be taken care of by 15 percent of the population due to high intensive technology. He raised concerns about the remaining 85 percent saying that the leisure they will have may prove detrimental. The prismatic policies in India and their necessity were subtly mentioned while describing the operations' management aspect of the police force with reference to the larger topic of innovation in an organization.

In his words, "Knowing the tomato as a fruit is knowledge, but not putting it in a fruit salad is wisdom". The encapsulated an essence of both knowledge and wisdom. A spirit of optimism filled the arena as he exhorted the participants to be ‘race horse riders' as opposed to ‘mela horse riders'.

The talk was followed by a lively interactive session.

Prof. Harekrishna Mishra, Director - in - charge, was present throughout the talk and handed over a gift, as a token of thanks to Mr. Shashidhar. Seminar- co- ordinator, Prof. Shivshanker Singh Patel gave the welcome address and Syamkrishnan P Aryan, from PRM 37 delivered the vote of thanks. A good number of participants from both the batches and faculties were present for the seminar.

Institute of Rural Management, Post Box No. 60, Anand 388001, Gujarat, India
Contact: 02692-260391,260181 Fax: 02692-260188
This site is best viewed with resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels on Internet Explorer version 8 and above, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Copyright © 2013 IRMA