To be eligible for admission to the FPRM 2020 programme an applicant must satisfy the following two conditions:
Eligibility: Anybody with a postgraduate or postgraduate equivalent degree/diploma from a recognized university or institution in any discipline with minimum first class marks or equivalent grade can apply. (relaxation of 5% for SC / ST / OBC-NC / Differently Abled Person). Those expecting to complete the final exams of these degrees by July 01 2020 may also apply.
Qualifying Exams: Having valid scores/results of the last five years in any of the following standard qualifying exams or tests.
· The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution. In case the university/institution does not have a scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence will be established by IRMA by dividing the obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100. Applicants, who expect to fulfill the eligibility requirements before July 01, 2020, are encouraged to apply.
· The cut-off period for validity of the qualifying exam or test score is five years preceding the last date specified for the submission of application form to FPRM. Valid scores obtained from January 01, 2015 onwards in all the specified qualifying exams are eligible.
· IRMA follows the statutory reservation policy of Government of India. Seats not filled by candidates of the reserved category will be offered to the general category.
Exemption from Qualifying Exams:
· Those with PGDRM from IRMA and PGP from any of the IIMs (including Agri-Business Management) are exempted from the above qualifying tests or validity period.
· Those who have Master Degree from any of the following institutes are also exempted from the above qualifying test:
1. Top 20 institutes of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) - Overall ranking
2. Top 10 institutes of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) - University ranking
3. Top 20 institutes of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) - Management ranking
4. Top 10 institutes of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) - Ranking Status of Agricultural Universities
The latest rankings would be taken into consideration.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) may be found in https://www.nirfindia.org/2019/Ranking2019.html
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) - Ranking Status of Agricultural Universities may be found in https://icar.org.in/content/ranking-status-agricultural-universities-year-2018
Merely fulfilling eligibility criteria may not entitle a candidate for a personal interview or automatic admission to FPRM.
All eligible applicants must submit along with their application a preliminary research proposal of about 2000 words. The proposal should cover topic/problem of the proposed research, its relevance, objectives and methodology of the study, and expected results or findings.